The Student's Guide to Everything

The Student's Guide to Everything: university student and graduate life from a New Zealand perspective

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

I'm a marketing communications professional, writer and blogger. I can't live without the internet, I love to travel and I'm a photography nut.

Friday, October 31, 2008

NZ-UK working holiday visa regulations extended!

The British government has just extended the amount of time young Kiwis can spend working in the UK under the Working Holiday visa. At present, NZ working holidaymakers can stay in the UK for two years, but only work for one year.

The new scheme is called the Youth Mobility scheme, and it starts on November 27. It allows visa holders to work the full 2 years. This is fantastic news! It will also remove an issue with the current regulations, which aren't very clear as to how the full year is calculated.

Now, the only question I have is whether it's possible to transfer to this visa or work the full two years if you're already in the UK on a working holiday. I really hope so! Hopefully more information will be available shortly.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep us updated on this one! I'm keen to know if this also applies to Kiwi's already in the UK on a working holiday visa.

November 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home